From April 2015, the Government has given money to Early Years providers to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium . For every child registered for Early Years Pupil Premium our setting could receive up to £300. With this money we will be able to invest in resources, activities and training which all will go towards enhancing the children's learning in our setting.
The amount of funding we receive will be based on the amount of hours the child attends the preschool and if you claim Early Years Funding at more than one setting you will need to let both settings know that you are eligible.
How does it work?
First, check if you qualify – it's not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, either download and complete this form or contact Anna Young in our office and she will help you to register.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
Criteria 1.You can register your child for Early Years Pupil Premium if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Criteria 2. Or if your child meets one of the following criteria:
- They have been in local-authority care for 1 day or more in England or Wales
- They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
Please come and talk to us if you want further information or any help with this.